By Executive Chef Michael Landsberg
Suggested Pairing: 2006 Domaine Vin Glace
- 1 bottle KE Pinot Gris or any white wine
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 4 star anise
- 1/2 orange peel
- 1 vanilla beans — scraped
- 1 pear, peeled
- 1 apple peeled
- 1/4 cup assorted Berries
- 10 grapes
- 2 packet of plain gelatin
- In saucepan, bring wine to a boil. Flame and wait til fire goes out.
- Add sugar, spices, when it comes back to boil, cook 15 min. Strain
- Add the pear and the apple and poach until really soft, about 1 hour
- Take the poached fruit out and let cook.
- In any wide rim glass, or any container, add the berries, grapes and cut the
apples and pears into slices or cubes and add it to the container.
- Add 1/4 cup of the KE Vin Glace to the poaching liquid and reduce the liquid to 1 qt.
- Add the gelatin, and dissolve in the liquid and pour the liquid into the glasses or
the container with the fruit. Let it set overnight and enjoy.