By Special Events Chef Sean Winder
Suggested Pairing: 2010 NxNW Walla Walla Syrah
- 1 1/2 C. Coconut milk
- 1 (28-ounce) Can diced tomatoes
- 1C. Plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 # Lamb leg sirloin, 1-inch cubes
- 1 C. Onion, medium diced
- 6 each Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. Ginger, minced
- 1 each Serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 2 T. Garam masala (available at any gourmet grocer)
- 1 T. Kosher salt
- 1/2 t. Coriander
- 1/2 t. Cumin
- 1/2 t. Black pepper
- 1/4 C. Canola oil
- Combine coconut milk, tomatoes and yogurt in the crockpot on low heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl, let marinate 30 minutes.
- Brown lamb mix over medium heat until onions start to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add lamb mix into crock pot, cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and mint, and serve over jasmine rice.