By Catering Chef Christian Johnston
Suggested Pairing: 2006 next: Oregon Riesling
- 1/2 lb Dungeness Crab meat
- 2 oz Brie cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 T Red onion diced
- 2 T Bell pepper diced
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1ea Large egg (for breading)
- ½ cup flour (for breading)
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat cream over medium heat, whisking in cubed Brie cheese; reduce by half, cool. When cooled this should be the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Drain crab, then mix with onions, peppers, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Slowly add brie cream until crab meat pulls holds together (bread crumbs may be added if the mixture becomes too wet).
- Form into rounds and dust with flour. Dip formed crab cakes into the whisked egg to coat, and then thoroughly coat with Panko breading.
- Pan fry with olive oil until browned on both sides and heated throughout.