By Executive Chef Michael Landsberg
Suggested Pairing: 2006 Domaine Pinot Noir
- 1 Rib eye of beef (bone on)
- 1 cup assorted mushrooms (portabello, chanterelles, morels, shiitakes)
- 1 cup fingerling potatoes
- 1 cup Domaine PN
- ½ cup veal demi (specialty food stores)
- 1 shallots
- 1 bunch greens (chard, kale or spinach)
- Get the grill nice and hot
- Peel the potatoes, and put them in a pot with 1 cup water, and 2 Tablespoon of butter and cook slowly until done, about 20-30 mins
- Trim, clean and wash the mushrooms in water.
- In a hot sauté pan, add the mushroom to the pan with some butter
- Season them with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the thinly sliced shallots and continue cooking.
- Add the wine and the veal demi and let it simmer for 20-30 mins.
- In another pan, cook the greens with some butter or oil until tender.
- Generously season the rib eye with salt and pepper and cook on the grill.
- Take care not to burn the meat by moving it every 4-5 mins, rotating it 45 degrees each time. Turn it over after 8-10 mins and continue to cook it to desired temperature.
- Take off the grill and let it rest for a minimum of 5 mins.