By Thom Pastor
Suggested Pairing: 2006 Signature Chardonnay
- 2 skin-on trout filets, caled and pin boned
- flour, as needed
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 4+ Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- white wine, to taste
- 1 cup shaved or crushed alomds
- 2 cups white rice
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
- salt and pepper as needed
- Lightly dust the trout with flour, shake off any excess, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a sauté pan, start trout (skin side down) reduce heat until it has only a gentle sizzle.
- Add butter, garlic, almonds and a drizzle of white wine, continue to cook until the skin becomes golden brown.
- Turn trout over and continue to cook until just cooked through
- Add carrots to rice and cook according to rice package.
- When finished stir in apricots, scallion, butter (optional) and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the rice mixture in the center of the plate with the trout on top.
- Use a large spoon to drizzle pan liquid and almonds around the plate, if more sauce is needed add butter and wine to the pan, simmer and adjust seasoning.