King Estate Winery, located in Eugene, Oregon, is seeking a full-time Accounting Manager. This individual will manage and lead the accounting team -directing activities to ensure compliance with GAAP and the accuracy and timely delivery of financial information. This position is the lead position for all day to day accounting functions.
Essential Job Functions:
• Lead and direct month end close process, including ensuring all cost are incurred are properly recorded, journal entries are complete and ensure timely delivery of Financial Statements.
• Prepares Income Statement, Balance sheet and other monthly departmental financial reports as required.
• Responsible for management and oversight of General Ledger accounts and ensure scalability of account scheme.
• Oversee the activities of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, General ledger and Fixed assets ensuring accounting activities are in accordance with GAAP.
• Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for all major activities within the Accounting department.
• Reconciles subledger modules to General Ledger on monthly basis and ensures accuracy
• Test financial covenants on a quarterly basis and provide reports to the leadership team
• Complete and coordinate month end journal entries and intercompany transactions
• Completes month end bank reconciliation for all accounts and ensures accuracy of statements and banking module within the ERP.
• Assist in establishing and maintaining system of controls that ensures proper segregation of duties
• Assist with annual audit to ensure accurate and timely information is provided to audit team
• Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processing
• Complete and approve AR and AP adjustments
• Primary back up for all excise tax reporting for TTB and state level reports
• Back up for the payroll administrator
• Administer company credit card program
• Recommends process changes to eliminate waste and streamline accounting process
• Assist in the development of budgets and forecast for new products or revenue streams
• Participate in a wide variety of special project and compile a variety of special repots
• Other duties as assigned by Management
Requirements / Competencies:
• 6 Years of progressively responsible experience in accounting
• Strong knowledge of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Fixed Assets management
• Excellent in Spreadsheet Proficiency
• Ability to manage, lead and direct a team
• BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• Experience with managing people
• Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
• Self-Starter who can work independently
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong Knowledge of business enterprise software and Microsoft Office suite
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• CPA Certification
• Background or applied understanding of accounting in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with SAGE 300 or similar ERP accounting system
• Experience with Ship Compliant
• Cost Accounting
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org