Oregon’s leading winery seeks a Chef to manage and lead its elegant on-site restaurant in one of the state’s most beautiful settings. This is an amazing opportunity to lead the culinary team at King Estate Winery, located in Eugene, Oregon. The successful candidate will have managed all aspects of back-of-the-house operations, ensuring quality preparation of all menu items and proper handling/storage. Our ideal Chef will be inventive, energetic and eager to create, produce and train staff on all menu items. This individual shall have an unwavering desire to provide the highest quality product in an atmosphere of unwavering customer service.
• Energetic and positive leader who treats all staff with courtesy and respect
• A commitment to the culinary industry
• Strong financial and business acumen with proven ability to oversee cost control, labor, management and bottom line profitability while managing food inventory and ordering product through local regional food sources
• Capable of assuming responsibility for inventory management
• Ensuring highest standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety guidelines are met throughout the kitchen
• Progressive management experience in culinary-driven and service-focused restaurant
• Enthusiasm for food, wine and culinary trends
• Ability to use creativity to develop new menu items each season
• Understanding of the importance and requirement of menu consistency at all times
Experience & Education:
• Five (5) years or more of experience in classic food preparation in high-volume restaurant
• A minimum of three (3) years experience managing a kitchen staff.
• Experience in managing food and labor costs while adhering to a budget.
• Knowledge of advanced culinary techniques and ability to use and maintain kitchen equipment
• Ability to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays as required
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to relate to associates across all levels of the organization
• Ability to manage multiple projects with thorough focus on detail
• Must exhibit the highest level of professionalism in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
• Demonstrated leadership, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
• Experience effectively managing staff, schedules, budgets and business practices
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes full company benefits. Please submit your Resumé/CV for immediate consideration
To apply, email email@example.com