Oregon’s leading family-owned winery seeks to hire a Chef de Cuisine to assist in managing its elegant estate based restaurant in one of the state’s most beautiful settings. The successful candidate will have mastered all aspects of fine dining cuisine, ensuring the highest quality in every regard. The King Estate Winery culinary staff includes pastry, baking and charcuterie specialists, as well as on-site estate gardens, orchards, berries.
• Minimum of 5 years culinary experience in a fine dining setting.
• Driven by a vision of culinary excellence and hospitality.
• Proficiency executing various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
• Knowledge of best cooking practices for large groups
• Strong financial and business acumen with proven ability to oversee cost control, labor, management and bottom line profitability while sourcing excellent ingredients focused on local and regional foods
• Follows the guidance of the Executive Chef with menu design and coordination
• Excellent communication skills to connect with all culinary departments on the daily requirements, functions and last minute events
• Effective leadership qualities, driven by respect
Essential Job Functions
• Manage event inventory requisitions and order requests
• Create event meal prep lists and timelines
• Submit labor requests for event prior to schedule posting
• Executive event prep and production
• Prepare houseguest meals and events; ensure proper delivery
• Assist in design specialty menus and packages
• Assist prep and production team when needed
• Maintain clear communication with the culinary management team
• Attend weekly culinary meetings, providing agenda items and weekly report
• Fill weekly manager on duty shifts
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org