King Estate Winery, located in Eugene Oregon is seeking an experienced professional Executive Sous Chef.
The Executive Sous Chef will assist in the planning, organizing and coordinating of all food preparation at the restaurant. This individual will help direct the department and staff and back up the Executive Chef in their absence. The Executive Sous Chef will play a large role in both ordering products and the scheduling of staff shifts. This individual will assist in hiring, training and disciplinary actions up to and including terminations. The Executive Sous Chef will lead the Culinary Team with a hands-on approach. He/She will set the example, train and follow-up with the cooks when it comes to problem-solving, new developments or special requests from guests. The Sous Chef will be required to maintain the highest level of studies in regards to ingredient knowledge and recipe methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares food to specifications
• Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored appropriately
• Assist Executive Chef in all aspects of managing the kitchen and food preparation
• Lead kitchen staff
• Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items
• Keep the kitchen area and equipment clean, sanitized and in proper working order
• Sets expectations of adhering to all health codes and sanitation regulations.
• Train all newly hired staff on proper practices and guidelines
• Ability to work a variety of shifts, filling in when necessary including evenings/weekends and/or holidays
Skills and Requirements:
• Minimum 3-5 years of formal culinary experience
• Prior leadership/supervisory experience
• Excellent communication skills – ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff
• Must possess full ability to communicate effectively electronically and in normal business forms
• Ability to maintain a calm, composed presence in an often fast-paced environment where multiple tasks and the highest level of quality is expected
• Ability to define problems and establish solutions
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds whenever necessary
To apply, email email@example.com